So last night I was craving spaghetti but wanted to have a healthier option than the normal jar sauce and ground beef. Off to Sprouts I went (btw Sprouts has become my VERY favorite place to shop) Gathered a bunch of fresh ingredients, some vegan pasta and some Boca Crumbles. This was my first attempt at homemade sauce….let alone homemade vegan sauce! I had no recipe so I just played it by taste and smell! Next time I will be sure to measure things out for better instructions. Below you will find my ingredient list and basic directions. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 pkg of cherry tomatoes
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- fresh garlic
- crushed red peppers (as you know by now I put this in EVERYTHING!)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 bag of Boca Crumbles ( see picture)
- 1 pkg pasta (I used spaghetti noodles but you could do any type of noodles)
- Sautee the veggies in EVOO until the cherry tomatoes have popped and others veggies have become soft.
- Mash this mixture and mix in the tomato paste with water until thinned out but not watery.
- Add in the Boca meat-less crumbles and the fresh herbs (basil, parsley, garlic, oregano)
- Cover and simmer on low
- Pre-heat oven for 400 degree
- Boil pasta until al dente
- Coat Glass baking dish with EVOO
- Drain Pasta and mix with sauce making sure all pasta is well coated with sauce
- Pour into glass dish and bake on 400 degree for apx 30 min or until pasta starts to crisp.