This past weekend was so much fun! I had my niece come out to Dallas for a pre-birthday staycation. She had not been to Dallas, or on a bus, or on a rail, or a trolley ever! She had a blast. We went visited all the cool spots downtown and ate SO MUCH FOOD! I will just leave you with some photos from the weekend. I have a busy work week ahead of me so I’m not sure if i will be blogging much! Until next time….
Vogel Alcove Parade
Happy Monday everyone!
Today I officially started working FULL TIME at my job. I was so used to getting off work at 1230 every day and going home and being lazy! Now I am working until 430 every day and I HAVE to take an hour lunch break. Today’s lunch break was VERY boring. I think I will bring some work out clothes and jog laps in our gym a few days out of the week during that time. No excuse not to!
Tonight we are going to have a celebratory dinner for my going full time. Still trying to decide where to go. I will share later in the week the details!
I posted last Monday that we were changing our eating habits and I was backing off of soda. It is going great! I only drink ONE 12 oz can of soda each day and I actually went all of Saturday and Sunday without ANY soda at all! I had lost 4 lbs by last Friday and was so afraid I would gain it all back over the holiday weekend. I was able to maintain! GO ME! My husband Jason has been eating mainly meat, nuts and brown rice and he has lost 10 lbs since July 1st I am very proud of him.
Fourth of July festivities at work last Thursday were a blast and all the children had so much fun! Thanks to Dallas Heritage Village for letting us use your grounds for a HUGE (compared to what we normally would have had) parade and watermelon picnic. Also thanks for giving the children carriage rides and having games set up for them to play! Above are some photos from this wonderful day.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
After a several month hiatus from WordPress…not intentionally I am officially back! I have been working my bottom off at Vogel Alcove and proving myself to be worthy of full time and all my hard work has finally paid off! As of today I am a full time employee! I have taken on many random task over the past several months and cant wait to work even more! Not many people can say that on a Monday morning they are excited to be going to work…I can. Instead of writing out a long blog about everything that has happened over the last months I will highlight some of the important stuff.
- End of the year holidays were fantastic!
- Jason and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary on 01/29
- We celebrated Jason’s birthday on 2/18
- In April our Non-Profit moved from a very small location that we had been at for 15 years to our new facility which was an old 3 story elementary school in DISD. Dallas Morning News Story
- Jason bought me a Samsung NX300 camera for my birthday which we celebrated on 5/18 (over $1000 worth of camera, lenses, bag etc and we got it for $250! Was only used a couple of weeks by a photography student)
- I have officially become the Vogel Alcove Photographer, taking photos of all the volunteers that come to visit, field trips, special events and birthdays!
- I have continued to struggle with my health and weight. Started a new healthy eating plan with a daily food diary and work out routine yesterday. I actually have Jason on board with me! Wish us luck!
I promise to post at least once a week from now on! I will leave you with a recipe I threw together from dinner last night. Enjoy!
- 6 cups fresh Kale
- 2 cups frozen Butternut Squash cubed
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn Corn
- 1 can of Chickpeas drained
- coconut oil
- red chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450
- Toss the chickpeas and squash with some melted coconut oil (just enough to lightly coat) and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Spread out the mixture on a cookie sheet and back for about 25 min or longer if you desire more crispy veggies.
- In a large pot add couple tsp coconut oil and the corn.
- Fry lightly for a few minutes then toss in the kale.
- Cook for about 5 min tossing often so that the kale does not start to burn.
- Peel and dice one large avocado.
- Once everything is done place ALL ingredients into a large bowl and toss it gently so that you do not mash the avocado.
- Serve and ENJOY
Sun is setting and it defiantly made an impact on me today….i am beet red! Good thing with me though is that I will be nice and brown by morning. I always tan well.
Today has been a great day. Woke up and got ready to do a family photo shoot at Dallas Fair Park, The Smith family were an awesome group! We got a good hour in of amazing photos.
Once I got home I put on my sundress and grabbed my honey to head out on a neighborhood stroll. On our walk we found a neat coat rack, a vintage mail/key holder and cool black coffee table with glass top that people were throwing out!! I love curb side finds…and we needed a coffee table really bad!
The rest of the day I spent outside with my doggies sipping on some sweet tea or inside editing the photos from today’s shoot. Tonight we will be going down the street to Zubar to see a friend spin 🙂
I know thins has been kind of a random blog! I will leave you with my favorite photo from today…
FAIR PARK, DALLAS TX
I LOVE photography and editing. This is a photo i snapped today. #konicaminolta #oldschoolcamera