After a several month hiatus from WordPress…not intentionally I am officially back! I have been working my bottom off at Vogel Alcove and proving myself to be worthy of full time and all my hard work has finally paid off! As of today I am a full time employee! I have taken on many random task over the past several months and cant wait to work even more! Not many people can say that on a Monday morning they are excited to be going to work…I can. Instead of writing out a long blog about everything that has happened over the last months I will highlight some of the important stuff.
- End of the year holidays were fantastic!
- Jason and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary on 01/29
- We celebrated Jason’s birthday on 2/18
- In April our Non-Profit moved from a very small location that we had been at for 15 years to our new facility which was an old 3 story elementary school in DISD. Dallas Morning News Story
- Jason bought me a Samsung NX300 camera for my birthday which we celebrated on 5/18 (over $1000 worth of camera, lenses, bag etc and we got it for $250! Was only used a couple of weeks by a photography student)
- I have officially become the Vogel Alcove Photographer, taking photos of all the volunteers that come to visit, field trips, special events and birthdays!
- I have continued to struggle with my health and weight. Started a new healthy eating plan with a daily food diary and work out routine yesterday. I actually have Jason on board with me! Wish us luck!
I promise to post at least once a week from now on! I will leave you with a recipe I threw together from dinner last night. Enjoy!
- 6 cups fresh Kale
- 2 cups frozen Butternut Squash cubed
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn Corn
- 1 can of Chickpeas drained
- coconut oil
- red chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450
- Toss the chickpeas and squash with some melted coconut oil (just enough to lightly coat) and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Spread out the mixture on a cookie sheet and back for about 25 min or longer if you desire more crispy veggies.
- In a large pot add couple tsp coconut oil and the corn.
- Fry lightly for a few minutes then toss in the kale.
- Cook for about 5 min tossing often so that the kale does not start to burn.
- Peel and dice one large avocado.
- Once everything is done place ALL ingredients into a large bowl and toss it gently so that you do not mash the avocado.
- Serve and ENJOY